-   -   Rapidly Approaching Meltdown (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/106581-rapidly-approaching-meltdown.html)

walker.oliver

Rapidly Approaching Meltdown

Please help! This is driving me nuts!

For some reason that I have not been able to identify, when I try to
select a range of adjacent cells using the Ctrl+Shft+Arrow Key
combination in the Formula Bar, rather than select the range of cells I
would like the formula to operate on, only the first cell in the range
is selected!.

Example worksheet range:

Col B
Row 1 10
Row 2 10
Row 3 10
Row 4 10
Row 5 =SUM(

1. I enter =SUM( in cell B5
2. I select the last cell in the range I want to sum by hitting the up
arrow - B4
3. I hit Ctrl+Shift+Up Arrow+Enter - Until today, this resulted in
=SUM(B1:B4) in cell B5.
4. For some extremely infuriating reason, the resulting formula in Cell
B5 = SUM(B4)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This happens in all workbooks even when I restart Excel!

Somebody please please tell me why this happens and how I can fix it!

Thanks - Walker

--
walker.oliver
walker.oliver's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37918

Max

Rapidly Approaching Meltdown

Just hazarding some guesses .. Maybe it's just the good old keyboard, crying
out to be retired from service <g? From the sounds of it, you're a "key"
person. I'm more a "mouser", and I've worn out countless mice over the years.
Try with another/new keyboard.
--
Max
Singapore
"walker.oliver" wrote:

[...]

Kevin Vaughn

Rapidly Approaching Meltdown

One thing you might want to check is whether transition navigation keys got
turned on. I just checked first with out it turned on and result was as you
stated. Then I went to Tools-Options-Navigation and turned on Transition
Navigation keys and result was as you stated. BTW, I usually use
End-direction (as I started with Lotus 123 and that was the key combination
there) and this works both with transtion navigation keys turned on or off.
HTH
--
Kevin Vaughn