-   -   Counting total for multiple criteria (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/106468-counting-total-multiple-criteria.html)

[email protected]

Counting total for multiple criteria

Hi all,

I have a simple table with two columns:
-What was agreed (2 digit code eg. FV, PC, PE...)
-Was it acheived (Y/N)

This is a daily log over a 5 day week, therefore there are 5 rows in
the table (Monday to Friday).

I need to create a summary table for each two digit code (FV, PC....)
where the fomula counts only if the task was acheived.

I have managed to use COUNTIF to create a table listing the codes and
how many instances they occur, but how do I now only count the
instances if the next cell states "Y" for acheived?

Thanks.

Excelenator

Counting total for multiple criteria

Say your codes are in Cells A1:A25 and the results are in B1:B25 you can
use SumProduct to count the successess and failures. The formula is

Sumproduct(($A$1:$A$25="PE")*($B$1:$B$25="Y"))

Copy the formula and change the codes and results (Y/N) to get any
combination you want.

--
Excelenator

Excelenator's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36768
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=574191

[email protected]

Excelenator wrote:
Say your codes are in Cells A1:A25 and the results are in B1:B25 you can
use SumProduct to count the successess and failures. The formula is

Sumproduct(($A$1:$A$25="PE")*($B$1:$B$25="Y"))

Copy the formula and change the codes and results (Y/N) to get any
combination you want.

--
Excelenator

Super answer in super quick time!