-   -   Dropdown frustration (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/106331-dropdown-frustration.html)

Invoice

Dropdown frustration

I've got a lot of dropdowns, specifically AG37:IV37, but I've got to keep the width of each of these columns small for the user. That results in the dropdown choices getting cut off.

At Contextures.com, there are a bunch of good options, but none suit me exactly. I don't want to change the zoom temporarily when the list is selected because that's really jumpy.

The following code at Contextures looks great, but there's a problem: it's too limited. It allows a single column (D:D in this case) containing a dropdown to expand in width temporarily as it is selected.

Is there any way this can be made more general, so than all my columns (AG:IV) are included?

Thanks.

If Target.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
If Target.Column = 4 Then
Target.Columns.ColumnWidth = 20
Else
Columns(4).ColumnWidth = 5

Biff

Truly Null

Is there any way to produce a truly blank cell through a calculation?

No.

If your formulas otherwise return numerical values:

Select the range of formulas
Hit function key F5
Click Special
Select Formulas
Uncheck everything EXCEPT Text
OK
Goto the menu EditClearContents

Now you have a true blank!

Biff

"Invoice" wrote in message

Is there any way to produce a truly blank cell through a calculation?
My formula produces a "" in a numerical column. This is fine for Excel
purposes, but when I import into Access, the "" doesn't get accepted
because it's really text.

A truly blank cell is what I really need.

--
Invoice