-   -   Scroll bars without control tabs (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/106059-scroll-bars-without-control-tabs.html)

CJ

Scroll bars without control tabs

I'm using Excel w Office 2000. Until today I have had no trouble inserting
scroll bars. Usually I right click on the control bar and go to format
control. Then I go to the control tab to set parameters. The Control tab is
one of 5 tabs (size, protestion, properties, web, control). Today the control
tab has gone! How do I get it back. Thanks for your help, Chris.

davesexcel

Scroll bars without control tabs

you have placed a scroll bar from the controls toolbar, instead of the
forms toolbar

--
davesexcel

davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=573525

CJ

Scroll bars without control tabs

Thank you. The forms toolbar works wondrfully. But, I don't understand why
one would want a a controls toolbar vs forms toolbar.

"davesexcel" wrote:

you have placed a scroll bar from the controls toolbar, instead of the
forms toolbar

--
davesexcel

davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=573525

davesexcel

Scroll bars without control tabs

The controls toolbar is ActiveX, if you place a scroll bar from the
controls toolbox and right clicked(with the mouse),then selected view
code you will be taken into VBA and then you will be able to use VBA
code to do what you require very similar to creating a userform