-   -   Monster Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/106028-monster-formula.html)

RobertaS54

Monster Formula

Hi All. I'm new to here, but I've been using excel for years. I am
creating a worksheet to track my Girl Scout's awards. I have it all
done EXCECT for one formula. I can't get it right. I'm going to TRY to
explain this. The ( is the cell address) then number in front is the
answer to adding columns elsewere.

ANSWER(a114) 2(b144) 1(c144) 0(d144) 1(e144) 1(f144) 1(g144)

OK I hope that makes since.

What I want it to do to answer "c" IF b=2, and between c, d, e, =2 BUT
only 1 in each letter count, AND f=1 and g=1

IF not then it needs to answer "P" if the sum is 0 then it needs to
answer a blank if all are 0.

--
RobertaS54
RobertaS54's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37771

David Cox

Monster Formula

For posters in general:
If you write out your problem as a flowchart I think you will probably be
able to solve it yourself. If you are not used to flowcharts:

____________
| Question |
___________
| Y | N | _______________| Next question|
____________

____________
| Next question |
____________

and so on ..

______
|action |
______

Simple techniques like this can help to clear the mind.

HTH you or somebody else.

"RobertaS54" wrote
in message ...

Hi All. I'm new to here, but I've been using excel for years. I am
creating a worksheet to track my Girl Scout's awards. I have it all
done EXCECT for one formula. I can't get it right. I'm going to TRY to
explain this. The ( is the cell address) then number in front is the
answer to adding columns elsewere.

ANSWER(a114) 2(b144) 1(c144) 0(d144) 1(e144) 1(f144) 1(g144)

OK I hope that makes since.

What I want it to do to answer "c" IF b=2, and between c, d, e, =2 BUT
only 1 in each letter count, AND f=1 and g=1

IF not then it needs to answer "P" if the sum is 0 then it needs to
answer a blank if all are 0.

--
RobertaS54
RobertaS54's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=573468

Sandy Mann

Monster Formula

RobertaS54,

Speaking personally I do not follow what it is you are asking. Can you try
to explain it again with perhaps an example or two with the result you want
returned.

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

"RobertaS54" wrote