-   -   using countif and (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/10540-using-countif.html)

Brian

using countif and

I have a large database containing several columns of information such as
store number, store area and general ledger account number.
I'd like to come up with a formula on a new Excel sheet where I can count
the number of stores that meet a certain critera....For example...I'd like
for it to count the number of stores in area 11 that are also in GL account
01-101.
How can I create a formula that will count this information only if the data
meets the critera I need? I've tried Countif(Column of Area
data,"=11")and(countif(column of GL data, "=01-101")), however I keep getting
an error and can't seem to come up with the right way to do this.

Peo Sjoblom

See

http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html

Regards,