-   -   Working days and hours calculation - request assistance please! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/105374-working-days-hours-calculation-request-assistance-please.html)

sbickley

Working days and hours calculation - request assistance please!

OK, I am thouroughly confused and need some help. I am trying to compute the
difference in working hours between when an object starts on the line to when
it leaves the line, accounting for an 8 hour workday and excluding holidays
and weekends, although some saturdays are spent working. Example:

Start: 8/10/06 7:00 AM Leave: 8/15/06 10:00 AM

Exclude weekend (Sat/Sun) and assume a 8 hour workday. How many total work
hours were expended? Is there a simple way to subtract the date/time periods
and then convert the days and hours to account for the 8 hour workday.