-   -   change 2000 cells (negative numbers) into positive numbers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/105368-change-2000-cells-negative-numbers-into-positive-numbers.html)

lisbern

change 2000 cells (negative numbers) into positive numbers

I have a colum of 2000 numbers (negative) and I would like to have them all
positive. I know I can multiple each number by -1 so it will be positive
(ex: -25 *-1=25) but I do not want to have to do *-1 to each cell, cell
by cell. Is there a way that I can change the sign in one shut?

Marcelo

change 2000 cells (negative numbers) into positive numbers

hi Isbern

in an auxliar cell type -1, copy it, select the range when you need to
change the figures, right click, paste special
select values and multiply

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"lisbern" escreveu:

I have a colum of 2000 numbers (negative) and I would like to have them all
positive. I know I can multiple each number by -1 so it will be positive
(ex: -25 *-1=25) but I do not want to have to do *-1 to each cell, cell
by cell. Is there a way that I can change the sign in one shut?

Harlan Grove

change 2000 cells (negative numbers) into positive numbers

lisbern wrote...
I have a colum of 2000 numbers (negative) and I would like to have them all
positive. I know I can multiple each number by -1 so it will be positive
(ex: -25 *-1=25) but I do not want to have to do *-1 to each cell, cell
by cell. Is there a way that I can change the sign in one shut?

Are they number constants? If so, Edit Replace, replacing - with
nothing.