-   -   Carrying Detail Data to Subtotal Row (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/105356-carrying-detail-data-subtotal-row.html)

PatK

Carrying Detail Data to Subtotal Row

I want to create subtotals, but on the subtotal row, I want to carry some of
the lines from the detail data. The "normal" subtotal function just gives me
a row showing a total for the fields I am summing, plus a little "xyz key
TOTAL" cell.

Here is an example

Part number Description Quantity On Hand Price Extended $
-------------- ------------- -------------------- ------
-------------
123A WidgetA 1 5.00
5.00
123A WidgetA 2 5.00
10.00
123A WidgetA 10 5.00
50.00

If I subtotal on Partnumber, summing my Quantity on hand, and Extended $, I
will get a row inserted something like:

123A Total 13
65.00

What I "really" want is something like this on the subtotal line (which
includes non-summing items):

123A WidgetA 13 5.00
65

This tells me the part number, the description, how many on hand, their base
price, and the extended price. the Part Number, Description, and Price are
all STATIC in every data set I am subtotalling. I need this data presented
this way, to be carried forward to another analysis, and I need to be able to
cut / paste that information into another file (or back reference it).

THis may be REALLY easy...but I am not an expert at this tool.

Thanks, Pat