-   -   formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/10533-formatting.html)

Jez

formatting

If I have a sheet which in one column has targets and in the next has
actuals, how can i enter one type of conditonal formatting to ensure it
colours depending on result?

Jez

Gord Dibben

Jez

Assuming you want to color an actual if it doen't meet target.

Assuming targets are in column A and actuals in column B.

Select column B or as much of column B as you need.

FormatCFformula is:

Condition one....=IF($B1="","",$A1$B1) format to blue

Condition two....=IF($B1="","",$A1<$B1) format to red

Gord Dibben Excel MVP