-   -   How do I sum values from different worksheets within one workbook. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/10523-how-do-i-sum-values-different-worksheets-within-one-workbook.html)

master gardener

How do I sum values from different worksheets within one workbook.

I have a Excell workbook with several (20) worksheets. EAch worksheet
represents a person's work hours. I want to add values from each worksheet
(for instance total hours for each person during the year) on a separate
summary worksheet in the same workbook. Doing it manually (by using sum and
going to each worksheet) is timeconsuming since I have about 15 totals that I
need to calculate.

Peo Sjoblom

You can use

=SUM(firstst_sheet:last_sheet3!D1)

will sum D1 in all the sheets between 1st and last (both included)

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom