-   -   Custom AutoFilter (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/104317-custom-autofilter.html)

Rocky

Custom AutoFilter

Suppose I have the following entries in a column:
0:20
0:21
0:22
..
..
..
0:30

Now I put a filter and select Custom. In the Customer Autofilter dialog box
if iselect "is less than and select 0:25" and click 'Ok', I get the correct
values. Now when I select Custom once again what is see is "is less than
0.0173611111111111" instead of "is less than 0:25". I have to select 0:25
once again in the drop down. This is very annoying. How can I solve this. Any
help is highly appreciated.

Pete_UK

Custom AutoFilter

You will find that the two values are the same !

Excel stores times as fractions of a 24-hour day, so what makes sense
to us as 0:25 (i.e. 25 minutes) is stored by Excel as 25 / 24 / 60,
i.e. 0.017361111 according to my calculator.

This means that you can just click OK if you want to apply the same
custom filter value as before. If you want to change it, then you can
either select a value from the pull-down, or type it in directly as
0:20:00 (20 minutes, for example).

Hope this helps.

Pete

Rocky wrote:
Suppose I have the following entries in a column:
0:20
0:21
0:22
.
.
.
0:30

Now I put a filter and select Custom. In the Customer Autofilter dialog box
if iselect "is less than and select 0:25" and click 'Ok', I get the correct
values. Now when I select Custom once again what is see is "is less than
0.0173611111111111" instead of "is less than 0:25". I have to select 0:25
once again in the drop down. This is very annoying. How can I solve this. Any
help is highly appreciated.

Marcelo

Custom AutoFilter

Hi Rocky,

the number 0,0173611111111111 is related to 00:25:00 in a general format,
so, you do not need to select 0:25 again.

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Rocky" escreveu:

Suppose I have the following entries in a column:
0:20
0:21
0:22
.
.
.
0:30

Now I put a filter and select Custom. In the Customer Autofilter dialog box
if iselect "is less than and select 0:25" and click 'Ok', I get the correct
values. Now when I select Custom once again what is see is "is less than
0.0173611111111111" instead of "is less than 0:25". I have to select 0:25
once again in the drop down. This is very annoying. How can I solve this. Any
help is highly appreciated.

Rocky

Custom AutoFilter

Thanks Marcelo. I was bit confused.

Regards
Rocky

"Rocky" escreveu:

Suppose I have the following entries in a column:
0:20
0:21
0:22
.
.
.
0:30

Now I put a filter and select Custom. In the Customer Autofilter dialog box
if iselect "is less than and select 0:25" and click 'Ok', I get the correct
values. Now when I select Custom once again what is see is "is less than
0.0173611111111111" instead of "is less than 0:25". I have to select 0:25
once again in the drop down. This is very annoying. How can I solve this. Any
help is highly appreciated.

Rocky

Custom AutoFilter

Thanks Pete for the detail explanation. I have got my answer.
Regards
Rocky