-   -   Cell Dividing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/103634-cell-dividing.html)

jenny

Cell Dividing

Is there a way that I can divide a cell into two parts. I want a number in
the top portion and a number in the bottom porition of a cell. For instance
I have a column of numbers and then a column of names. I want two number in
the one cell attached to one name. However I don't just want it to wrap text
I want them divided somehow with out creating a whole new column

Cowgirl

Cell Dividing

Hi Jenny,

To the best of my knowledge you cannot split cells in Excel - However
you can merge two cells on a line above two cells or merge two cells
adjacent to two others, which effectively gives you one cell next to
two without wrapping.

I hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Sadie