-   -   Update a Database From Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/103559-update-database-excel.html)

Sh0t2bts

Update a Database From Excel

Hi All,

I am excuting a sql query to a DB to set a Field value to equal the
current date:-
The problem I have is in Cell A1 I get left "ExternalData_163" I added
the Range("A1").Select and Selection.Clear to the end of the macro but
it seems to get over looked.

I changed the Refresh to .Refresh 'BackgroundQuery:=False but i get
the following error messege " Run-time error '1004':
Application-defined or object-defined error"

Is there a way to send an update statement to a DB without the output
been sent to the Worksheet?

Many Thanks

Mark

Sub Update_Details_Sent()
Range("A1").Value = Now()
Range("A1").Select
Selection.NumberFormat = "yyymmdd"
NewDate = Range("A1").Text
SQLQuery = ""
SQLQuery = SQLQuery & "Update Stage1 Set ExcelDate = '" & NewDate &
"' "
SQLQuery = SQLQuery & "where ExcelDate = '20050101' "
connstring = "ODBC;DSN=*******;Database=********"
With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:=connstring , _
Destination:=Range("A1"), Sql:=SQLQuery)
.Refresh
End With
Range("A1").Select
Selection.Clear