-   -   Some formula to add results until a given value is reached? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/103237-some-formula-add-results-until-given-value-reached.html)

S Davis

Some formula to add results until a given value is reached?

Hello,

I have a listing of duplicate entries, each with seperate values
attached. This list is about 23000 rows long, so obviously I dont want
to do this by hand:)

What I would like to do is add all of the values together for each set
of unique entries. For instance:

Bear - 3
Deer - 2
Shark -1
Shark - 2
Shark - 3
Mouse - 4

In this case I would like to know the result of the sum of all Sharks
(1+2+3) and then stop the sum once it turned to Mouse.

Thanks:)

Gary''s Student

Some formula to add results until a given value is reached?

Consider using a Pivot Table. It can give you the sum of values for each
unique entry. The entries don't even have to be in order.
--
Gary's Student