-   -   Total back to w/c Monday (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/103090-total-back-w-c-monday.html)

Mickey

Total back to w/c Monday

Hi,
I have a table of data that counts various items on a daily basis. The data
is arranged in a table -

Date - Item 1 - Item 2 - Item 3 etc

I need to count the total as each week progresses from that weeks Monday.
Can anyone advise on a formula to count each column total from the last
Monday (date) in the table?. The forumla would ned to find the Monday of the
current week and total the sum of each day of the current week.

Cheers,
Mickey

daddylonglegs

Total back to w/c Monday

To sum column B where date in column A is previous Monday or greater...

=SUMIF(A:A,"="&TODAY()-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),3),B:B)

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486

Mickey

Total back to w/c Monday

Hi & Thanks for the formula,
Two small points if possible for clarification please. The formula is
counting one day too many and I'm not sure why that is and will take a look
at that in the morning as it is late just now. Please could you tell me
what the number 3 element of the formula refers to?.

Thanks,
Mickey

"daddylonglegs"
wrote in message
news:daddylonglegs.2bzjbu_1154643910.0679@excelfor um-nospam.com...

To sum column B where date in column A is previous Monday or greater...

=SUMIF(A:A,"="&TODAY()-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),3),B:B)

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=568116

daddylonglegs

Total back to w/c Monday

Formula should include Monday and all subsequent dates, is that not
correct?

=TODAY()-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),3)

gives the date of the previous Monday (on Monday it gives that day's
date)

WEEKDAY function has 3 possible settings, I'm using the third one
(hence the 3) which assigns numbers to days as follows

Monday = 0
Tuesday = 1
....etc.
Sunday = 6