-   -   Automating charts with reference to new data and formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/102902-automating-charts-reference-new-data-formulas.html)

deesy

Automating charts with reference to new data and formulas

I am trying to automate a chart which references named ranges in a
worksheet. This is automatically linked to a protected access database
and I don't want to change any data. The problem is when I add a new
record in access it adds new data to the excel spreadsheet and I wish
to have a formula automatically set up to modify one column of the
results without returning a formula or a 0 when there isn't a
corresponding value. This is because I automatically want to chart the
data and with a returning formula or a 0 the chart wizard believes
there is a value. Subsequently I have used name ranges (offset
function) to only select the cells that aren't blank in columns that
have fixed values from access (no formulas). However, I cannot figure
how to return a formula only when there is values in a corresponding
record.

Deesy

deesy

Automating charts with reference to new data and formulas

Thought I would add this post just in case someone else has similar
problems.

The function fill down formulas adjacent to external data in external
data properties will solve this problem.

Deesy.