-   -   Why is ther no "Convert" function available in excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/102815-why-ther-no-convert-function-available-excel.html)

EXCEL CONVERT FUNCTION

Why is ther no "Convert" function available in excel?

I am trying to use a convert function and always results in "#NAME?". So I
kept using Microsoft Excel Help to figure this out and Microsoft Excel Help
would show how to use the function. I followed its instruction and result was
the same. I then showed all the functions available for excel and the
"convert" function is not on the list. I also checked on previous version of
Excel and results are the same - no "convert" function in the program.

Kevin Vaughn

Why is ther no "Convert" function available in excel?

the #Name error indicates (in this instance) that the function is not
available. The following is copied from Excel Help re the convert function:

If this function is not available, run the Setup program to install the
Analysis ToolPak. After you install the Analysis ToolPak, you must enable it
by using Add-Ins on the Tools menu.

--
Kevin Vaughn

"EXCEL "CONVERT" FUNCTION" wrote:

I am trying to use a convert function and always results in "#NAME?". So I
kept using Microsoft Excel Help to figure this out and Microsoft Excel Help
would show how to use the function. I followed its instruction and result was
the same. I then showed all the functions available for excel and the
"convert" function is not on the list. I also checked on previous version of
Excel and results are the same - no "convert" function in the program.

David Billigmeier

Why is ther no "Convert" function available in excel?

You have to have the analysis ToolPak installed for this function to work.
To do this:

<Tools
<Add-Ins...
Check Analysis ToolPak