Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Indirect and Dynamic Range

I have a named dynamic range Class_6 which holds the dynamic range
=OFFSET(Data!$F$2,0,0,COUNTA(Data!$F:$F),1)
I create a data validation list and put the location as =INDIRECT(B11)
In cell B11 is the value Class_6
When I try to enter =indirect(B11) in the data validation I get the
message "The source currently evaluates to an error"
I can get the indirect to work with a named list but not with a dynamic
range list. Am I doing something wrong or will it not do this. I value
any help.

Kind regards,
Graham Haughs
Turriff