Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Compare to table

Hello. I am green to Excel, but I am trying to create a worksheet for my
own use. I have written a 2 column table of calculated numbers. Now I
have another number generated that I wish to compare to the first
column in the table. The generated number will not be an exact match.
If the generated number is greater than a first column number but less
than the next first column number, I wish to return the associated 2nd
column number. Is this possible? There will be over 1000 numbers to
compare. Is there one single string of code that will work for all
comparisons? I can write this with if statements, but each cell is
unique and I don't think I will live long enough to write 1000 cell.
Thanks

--
spxer
spxer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37025