-   -   IF function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/10263-if-function.html)

ROBERT P. SANDOZ

IF function

I am trying to use the IF function to look at a range of cells and return a
true false value if any cell in that range is above certain number. i.e.
=IF(B7:E750000,100,0)
however, it is returning a false value if any of the cells in the range are
false not a true value if any are true, what am I missing? Thanks in advance
for any help.

Peo Sjoblom

Use countif

=IF(COUNTIF(B7:E7,"50000"),100,0)

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"ROBERT P. SANDOZ" wrote:

I am trying to use the IF function to look at a range of cells and return a
true false value if any cell in that range is above certain number. i.e.
=IF(B7:E750000,100,0)
however, it is returning a false value if any of the cells in the range are
false not a true value if any are true, what am I missing? Thanks in advance
for any help.

JulieD

Hi Robert

If you want true to be returned when any of the four numbers are over 50000
and false to be returned if all of the numbers are 50000 or less try this
formula

=IF(COUNTIF(B7:E7,""&50000)=1,100,0)

Cheers
JulieD