-   -   Format number to Time in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/102609-format-number-time-excel.html)

saffiyu

Format number to Time in Excel?

I am doing my time sheet, as it is a share resoure, other colleagues will use
it as well. Try to save our time, we will type 1630 instead 16:30
how can i set up the Excel so it will auto turn the 1630 as 16:30 time
format as i need this format for the formular.

many thanks

Gord Dibben

Format number to Time in Excel?

No way to enter times without the colon unless you use event code.

Chip Pearson has that code.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP