-   -   how can I use excel to tabulate survey results (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/102523-how-can-i-use-excel-tabulate-survey-results.html)

Maiadd

how can I use excel to tabulate survey results

Can I use Excel to tabulate survey results, using some sort of counter to
track totals? Thanks.
--
Maiadd

kraljb

how can I use excel to tabulate survey results

Can you be more specific in what you mean by that.

If for example it's a survey with multiple choice answers (i.e. A, B,
C, D, and E) and Questions (1-10). Assume that question numbers are in
column A, Answers in B, you could use a sumproduct to get the total
number of Answer "A" for Question 3 like so

=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$A$100=3),--($B$1:$B$100="A"))

You could also add in more information as if you wanted to tabulate
based on other peices of data, such as age, sex, etc. But in all
reality an example would be easier to help with this.

--
kraljb
kraljb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9955