-   -   Unlocking excel features (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/102296-unlocking-excel-features.html)

Jeni R

Unlocking excel features

Hi there - My boss sent me an email with an excel attachment. It's a huge
list of contacts. I need to expand the columns and make notes. Everything
seems to be locked. All of my choices are grey in color and will not let me
select them.
Thank you for your help.

John Michl

Unlocking excel features

With the file open, try Tools Protection Unprotect Sheet (or
Workbook). If you are not prompted to enter a password, you are in
luck. If you are prompted for a password, you'll need to contact your
boss.

- John