-   -   Comment card percentage formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/102037-comment-card-percentage-formulas.html)

chicpea

Comment card percentage formulas

Hello,
I hope that someone here can help me. I cannot remember a formula for
a comment card tracking system.

Basically, I have created the following form to track guest comment
cards and want to come up with a satisfaction rating in percentage
form.

Excellent Good Fair
Poor Satisfaction Rating
Customer Service 30 8 1
Meals 27 10 1
Menu 22 14 3
Atmosphere 33 5

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide

Toppers

Comment card percentage formulas

I think what you want is a weighted average where the ratings are given a
value e.g. Excellent =5, Good=3, Fair=2, Poor=1

Assuming the data is in B2:E5 then weighted average (Satisfaction Rating)

=(SUM(B$2:B$5)*5+SUM(C$2:C$5)*3+SUM(D$2:D$5)*2+SUM (E$2:E$5)*1)/SUM($B$2:$E$5)

You can put the ratings in cells and change the formula above.

HTH

"chicpea" wrote:

Hello,
I hope that someone here can help me. I cannot remember a formula for
a comment card tracking system.

Basically, I have created the following form to track guest comment
cards and want to come up with a satisfaction rating in percentage
form.

Excellent Good Fair
Poor Satisfaction Rating
Customer Service 30 8 1
Meals 27 10 1
Menu 22 14 3
Atmosphere 33 5

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide

Toppers

Comment card percentage formulas

If you want a simple % then

For "Excellent" Customer service =30/39 as a %