-   -   is there any way to have multiple TEXT criteria in a 'sumif' funct (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/101966-there-any-way-have-multiple-text-criteria-sumif-funct.html)

datasorter

is there any way to have multiple TEXT criteria in a 'sumif' funct

I'm trying to run a sumif function from two different words in the same row
and then sum the range three cells to the right.

Any ideas?

Ron Coderre

is there any way to have multiple TEXT criteria in a 'sumif' funct

Let's see if I understand you correctly by way of this example:

You have a column of varying contents (Col_A) and another column containing
numbers (Col_B).

For each cell in Col_A that equals "Dave" or "Steve" you want to sum the
corresponding values from Col_B

For that scenario, this formula returns that sum:
C1: =SUM(SUMIF(A:A,{"Dave","Steve"},B:B))

Is that something you can work with?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"datasorter" wrote:

I'm trying to run a sumif function from two different words in the same row
and then sum the range three cells to the right.

Any ideas?

Biff

is there any way to have multiple TEXT criteria in a 'sumif' funct

Hi!

Try this:

=SUM(SUMIF(A1:A10,{"word_1","word_2"},D1:D10))

Biff