-   -   Hide sheet in workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/101544-hide-sheet-workbook.html)

rbrickl

Hide sheet in workbook

How would I hide a worksheet in a workbook if I don't want people to see
if I sent the workbook to them. I still want this sheet though because
it affects the main sheet.

Thanks

--
rbrickl
rbrickl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35910

tim m

Hide sheet in workbook

'Format'....'sheet'....'hide'

"rbrickl" wrote:

How would I hide a worksheet in a workbook if I don't want people to see
if I sent the workbook to them. I still want this sheet though because
it affects the main sheet.

Thanks

--
rbrickl
rbrickl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35910
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=565339

Gord Dibben

Hide sheet in workbook

You can hide a sheet and password protect the workbook under
ToolsProtectionProtect Book.

Just be aware that Excel internal passwords are very easy to crack.

You could through VB Editor make the sheet xlveryhidden then put password
protection on the VBA project. This password is a little harder to crack.

In general........if you don't want someone to see it, don't include it in the
workbook.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP