-   -   countif function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/101317-countif-function.html)

charles

countif function

Another question now: I want to count the number of cells in the column I
mention below that are below the 95th percentile only if on another column in
that same row the value there is below its 95th percentile.

Basically I have two columns containing stock returns. I want to calculate
the number of times both stocks return an amount below their 95th percentile
return on the same day. Maybe that makes it easier to understand.

Thanks again

charles

countif function

Never mind, I figured it out.
=SUMPRODUCT(--(C3:C263<PERCENTILE(C3:C263,0.95)),--(AC3:AC263<PERCENTILE(AC3:AC263,0.95))) worked for me. Thanks anyway.