-   -   How do I truncate or hide portions of text in a pivot table? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/101316-how-do-i-truncate-hide-portions-text-pivot-table.html)

Sean McCloskey

How do I truncate or hide portions of text in a pivot table?

I have a call center software that lets you create your own custom variables,
and if activate on a phone call all the variables are stored to one location:
CustomData. Here lies in the problem. I am trying to create a custom
report, but I get results like this:

GameTitle=Defective Disk: Backyard Wrestling 2 PS2;
GameTitle=Defective Disk: Backyard Wrestling 2 PS2;IdiotCheck=Entered the
support system properly;MainMenu=Damaged or Defective Disk;
GameTitle=Defective Disk: Deus Ex Invisible War;
GameTitle=Defective Disk: Deus Ex Invisible War;IdiotCheck=Entered the
support system properly;MainMenu=Damaged or Defective Disk;

The variables here are GameTitle, IdiotCheck, MainMenu. I just want to show
everything after the '=' but before the ';'. Any tips ideas, or suggections

Max

How do I truncate or hide portions of text in a pivot table?

.. I just want to show everything after the '=' but before the ';'.

On a spare "values only" copy of the PT sheet (paste special as values in a
new sheet), try tinkering with Data Text to Columns (Delimited) using '=',
then ';' as the delimiters. Might give you the desired results.
--
Max
Singapore