-   -   Circular Reference Error Even Though There Is No C.R. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/101294-re-circular-reference-error-even-though-there-no-c-r.html)

Excelenator

Circular Reference Error Even Though There Is No C.R.

Is it possible they have another workbook open that contains the
circular reference? The error message for circular references appears
as long as the workbook containing the CR is open even if you toggle to
another open workbook which would give the appearance that the workbook
you are viewing has the CR. Just a thought.

MDW Wrote:
Some of my colleagues are getting "circular reference" errors upon
opening
some Excel (2003) workbooks. I can open those same workbooks (also
using
Excel 2003) and I have no problem.

The cell being identified as having a c.r. has the following formula:
=sheet2!L16

The cell sheet2!L16 has the following formula:
=+'T:\Folder\[external_file.xls]summary_report'!M41

On the external file, cell M41 is a simple value with no fomulas or
anything.

Any ideas what could be causing this problem?
--
Hmm...they have the Internet on COMPUTERS now!

--
Excelenator

Excelenator's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36768
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=564830