-   -   combo box (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/100897-combo-box.html)

tom ossieur

combo box

Hi,

I intend to create three scenarios with each scenario incorporating two sets
of variables (asset price and daily rate for example), and then use Combo Box
to select a scenario. How can I do this?

Thanks!

tom

tom ossieur

combo box

would be happy with an answer on the below problem a friend has asked me to
post, I believe there is an alternative, but also encounter a problem

given:
in cell A1 a list is created (data validation), referring to cells A3, A4,
A5

A B C D
3 worst 12 12 13
4 base 12 15 18
5 best 12 16 21

In row 6 I want the data depending on the chosen scenario

My solution:

B6=VLOOKUP(A1,A3:D5,2) etc...

however, the row is quite long, so that means that for every column I have
to rewrite the formula...
is there an alternative for this?

QUESTION 2:
why should one use a combo box in thes case? what is the advantage as
compared to creating a list as described above?

"tom ossieur" wrote:

Hi,

I intend to create three scenarios with each scenario incorporating two sets
of variables (asset price and daily rate for example), and then use Combo Box
to select a scenario. How can I do this?

Thanks!

tom

Toppers

combo box