is there a function for this?

Can someone help me with the following?

My spreadsheet looks like this

term ins whole ins variable life total
points
6000 11500 18000
Joe Client x
John Doe x x

I want the "total points" column to calculate the total value of all the
columns with an "x" in them. So for Joe Client, I would need the total
points to be 6000 and for John Doe, I would need the total points to be
calculated as 29,500. Is it possible for the total points column to
calculate the points for just the columns that I would put an "x" in? If so,
how do I do this? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Ardus Petus

is there a function for this?

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B3:D3="x"),B$2:D$2)

HTH