Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default If and nested Sumif error

Hi
I am trying to automate my bank reconcilliation programme,

Column F = Receipts
Column G = Payments
Column I = Current Balance (book Balance)
Column J = Item cleared Bank (=3 formated to a Tick)
Column K = Current Bank Balance

My formula is =IF(J175<3,SUMIF(J$2:J175,"=3",F$2:G175),0)

The formula is accepted by excel as valid, but the result only includes
items in column F, column G is ignored.

I could overcome this with a hiden column which is the sum of F & G, but
this is not advisable on a sheet with so many line.
The formulas almost there, I would just like to complete it
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

TRY
=IF(J175<3,SUMPRODUCT((J2:J175=3)*(F2:G175)))

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"excelent" wrote:

TRY
=IF(J175<3,SUMPRODUCT((J2:J175=3)*(F2:G175)))

Formula works great I now have to different formulars which work. I have
been able to delete three colomns of formular on each page, there are 23
pages and each has over 300 lines

Thanks again Joco
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Sandy

You formula works a treat I have now been able to delete three columns of
formulars, on each page, there are 23 pages, and over 300 lines on each
my files a fraction of the size

Thanks Joco

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

Try:

=IF(J175<3,SUMIF(J$2:J175,3,F2:F175)+SUMIF(J2:J17 5,3,G$2:G175),0)

--
HTH

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk