-   -   Changing the Color of a Word in Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/10063-changing-color-word-formula.html)

Rebecca Cribb via OfficeKB.com

Changing the Color of a Word in Formula

I have entered this formula: =IF(B5<2000,"WARNING",IF(B52000,"OK"))

I want the word "WARNING" to show up RED and BOLD-TYPED. Is there a way to do this?

JulieD

Hi Rebecca

you can use conditional formatting to do this.

Choose the cell with your IF statement in it and then choose format /
conditional formatting
choose
cell value is
choose
equal to
type
WARNING
click on the FORMAT button
set the formatting as you wish
click OK twice.

BTW What do you want to happen if B5 = 2000, if it is OK then you can
simplify your IF statement as
=IF(B5<2000,"WARNING","OK")
alternatively if you want WARNING change it to
=IF(B5<=2000,"WARNING","OK")

Cheers
JulieD

"Rebecca Cribb via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message
I have entered this formula: =IF(B5<2000,"WARNING",IF(B52000,"OK"))

I want the word "WARNING" to show up RED and BOLD-TYPED. Is there a way
to do this?

Don Guillett

Not within a formula. Only within text or a macro

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Rebecca Cribb via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message
I have entered this formula: =IF(B5<2000,"WARNING",IF(B52000,"OK"))

I want the word "WARNING" to show up RED and BOLD-TYPED. Is there a way

to do this?

Rebecca Cribb via OfficeKB.com

Hi JulieD

THANKS A BUNCH!!! This worked PERFECTLY! I had never used conditional formatting before -- what have I been missing???

JulieD

Hi Rebecca

you're welcome and thanks for the feedback - CF is a very useful little tool
isn't it!