-   -   sort column by colour (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/100547-sort-column-colour.html)

Martin

sort column by colour

Hello, I have been given a rather large database sheet in Excel and some of
the line records have been coloured red, green and standard black. Is there a
way I can sort the records by colour i.e. red first the green then black?

Any tips or ideas most welcome Thanks Martin

excelent

sort column by colour

if column right to colored cells is free:
select column where ur colored cells are - run sub

Sub farve()
c = ActiveCell.Column
For r = 1 To 100
Cells(r, c + 1) = Cells(r, c).Interior.ColorIndex
Next

then sort sub after created numbers

"Martin" skrev:

Hello, I have been given a rather large database sheet in Excel and some of
the line records have been coloured red, green and standard black. Is there a
way I can sort the records by colour i.e. red first the green then black?

Any tips or ideas most welcome Thanks Martin

excelent

sort column by colour

if u mean the text color use this

Cells(r, c + 1) = Cells(r, c).Font.ColorIndex

"Martin" skrev:

Hello, I have been given a rather large database sheet in Excel and some of
the line records have been coloured red, green and standard black. Is there a
way I can sort the records by colour i.e. red first the green then black?

Any tips or ideas most welcome Thanks Martin

Gord Dibben

sort column by colour

Martin

Excel cannot do this without help.