-   -   COUNTIF (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/10050-countif.html)

Gary T

COUNTIF

Hi,

I want to count the number of entries in column A. Formula is to count all
cells that have data in them. Cells could theoretically contain a numerical
"0" (i.e. cost=£0), which I want ot be included in the COUNTIF function.
Only blanks (i.e. tested by an IF(A3="".... etc) are not to count.

Many Thanks,

Gary.

Max

Try in say, B1: =COUNTA(A:A)