Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default What gets XNPV to calculate correctly if initial values are zero?

I calculated a XNPV on a series of cash flows. The cash flow in the first 27
years is zero and then there are positive cash flows for another 25 years.
The calculation read the first positive cash flow as if it were at time zero
instead of discounting it back 27 years. I ended up just using a PV, but
would like to figure out how to use the XNPV function for this series of cash
flows. Thanks for any ideas.

Jim