-   -   Turn vertical data to horizontal data automaticaly (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/100248-turn-vertical-data-horizontal-data-automaticaly.html)

Leandro Sesarego

Turn vertical data to horizontal data automaticaly

I have a big amount of records that looks like this:

Leo Sesa
10666 Wilkins Ave #306
310-494-5875

Paul Wakki
12510 Van Nuys Blvd
818-497-9552

Is it possible to make that info "horizontal", like this? :

Leo Sesa 10666 Wilkins Ave #306 310-494-5875
Paul Wakki 12510 Van Nuys Blvd 818-497-9552

I mean, I know how to drag and drop every cell one by one, but I'm looking
for something automatic since I have a lot of data.

Thanks a lot !

--
Leo

Marcelo

Turn vertical data to horizontal data automaticaly

Hi Lenadro

select B3:D3 for eg

on B3 (with 3 cells selected) type =tranpose(a3:a5)
enter with Ctrl+Shift+Enter not just enter

copy it down jumping 3 rows and after exclude rows as you need

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Leandro Sesarego" escreveu:

I have a big amount of records that looks like this:

Leo Sesa
10666 Wilkins Ave #306
310-494-5875

Paul Wakki
12510 Van Nuys Blvd
818-497-9552

Is it possible to make that info "horizontal", like this? :

Leo Sesa 10666 Wilkins Ave #306 310-494-5875
Paul Wakki 12510 Van Nuys Blvd 818-497-9552

I mean, I know how to drag and drop every cell one by one, but I'm looking
for something automatic since I have a lot of data.

Thanks a lot !

--
Leo

dmb490

Turn vertical data to horizontal data automaticaly

in a new cell use the concatenate function to simply string the data
together
=Concatenate(NameCell, AddressCell, CityStateZipCell)

--
dmb490
dmb490's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36556

Leandro Sesarego

Turn vertical data to horizontal data automaticaly

Perfect. It worked! Thanks

Last question so I can solve the whole problem:

Now I have the info horizontally but with 3 blank rows between each record.
How can I delete the blank rows so I can have a standard list?

Thanks Marcelo, I'm in Los Angeles but I'm from Argentina

--
Leo

"Leandro Sesarego" escreveu:

I have a big amount of records that looks like this:

Leo Sesa
10666 Wilkins Ave #306
310-494-5875

Paul Wakki
12510 Van Nuys Blvd
818-497-9552

Is it possible to make that info "horizontal", like this? :

Leo Sesa 10666 Wilkins Ave #306 310-494-5875
Paul Wakki 12510 Van Nuys Blvd 818-497-9552

I mean, I know how to drag and drop every cell one by one, but I'm looking
for something automatic since I have a lot of data.

Thanks a lot !

--
Leo

SimonCC

Turn vertical data to horizontal data automaticaly

If you followed exactly what Marcelo suggested, then in cell E3 you can try:
=OFFSET(B$3,((ROW()-3)*4),0)
This is not an array so you can just hit Enter. Then copy and paste to the
two cells to the right. Lastly, copy the three cells (E3:G3) and paste down
as far as you need.

-Simon

"Leandro Sesarego" escreveu:

I have a big amount of records that looks like this:

Leo Sesa
10666 Wilkins Ave #306
310-494-5875

Paul Wakki
12510 Van Nuys Blvd
818-497-9552

Is it possible to make that info "horizontal", like this? :

Leo Sesa 10666 Wilkins Ave #306 310-494-5875
Paul Wakki 12510 Van Nuys Blvd 818-497-9552

I mean, I know how to drag and drop every cell one by one, but I'm looking
for something automatic since I have a lot of data.

Thanks a lot !

--
Leo

RagDyeR

Turn vertical data to horizontal data automaticaly

Select the *entire* datalist and sort it.

The empty rows will be at the bottom.
--
HTH,

RD

"Leandro Sesarego" wrote in
message ...

"Leandro Sesarego" escreveu:

I have a big amount of records that looks like this:

Leo Sesa
10666 Wilkins Ave #306
310-494-5875

Paul Wakki
12510 Van Nuys Blvd
818-497-9552

Is it possible to make that info "horizontal", like this? :

Leo Sesa 10666 Wilkins Ave #306

310-494-5875
Paul Wakki 12510 Van Nuys Blvd

818-497-9552

I mean, I know how to drag and drop every cell one by one, but I'm

looking
for something automatic since I have a lot of data.

Thanks a lot !

--
Leo

robw150956

Turn vertical data to horizontal data automaticaly

Hi,
I have data(500 companies) that looks like this;
business name.
Address.
phone
business name.
Address.
phone
and I wat to convert it to this; (automatically)
business name,Address,phone
business name,Address,phone

can any one tell me how ?
thanks in advance
--
robw150956
God Bless

"Leandro Sesarego" wrote:

I have a big amount of records that looks like this:

Leo Sesa
10666 Wilkins Ave #306
310-494-5875

Paul Wakki
12510 Van Nuys Blvd
818-497-9552

Is it possible to make that info "horizontal", like this? :

Leo Sesa 10666 Wilkins Ave #306 310-494-5875
Paul Wakki 12510 Van Nuys Blvd 818-497-9552

I mean, I know how to drag and drop every cell one by one, but I'm looking
for something automatic since I have a lot of data.

Thanks a lot !

--
Leo

Gord Dibben

Turn vertical data to horizontal data automaticaly

Sub ColtoRows()
Dim rng As Range
Dim I As Long
Dim J As Long
Set rng = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)
J = 1
On Error Resume Next
nocols = InputBox("Enter Number of Columns Desired")
For I = 1 To rng.Row Step nocols
Cells(J, "A").Resize(1, nocols).Value = _
Application.transpose(Cells(I, "A") _
.Resize(nocols, 1))
J = J + 1
Next
Range(Cells(J, "A"), Cells(rng.Row, "A")).ClearContents
Exit Sub
End Sub

If no blanks between sets.......enter 3 when the InputBox asks for number of
columns.

If a blank between sets......enter 4

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP