-   -   If then color of cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/100242-if-then-color-cell.html)

bumble78

If then color of cell

Hi, I am fairly new to both excelling, but have been lurking here for a
while. I have used the search to find some good info about how to do
some if/then functions and the checkmark application. My next issue is
I would like the colors of the cells to change color if they have a
checkmark in them, like green in one collum and red in the next. Is
this posible and if so how?

Thanks for all your help.

Joe

--
bumble78
bumble78's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36373

Marcelo

If then color of cell

try conditional formating

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"bumble78" escreveu:

Hi, I am fairly new to both excelling, but have been lurking here for a
while. I have used the search to find some good info about how to do
some if/then functions and the checkmark application. My next issue is
I would like the colors of the cells to change color if they have a
checkmark in them, like green in one collum and red in the next. Is
this posible and if so how?

Thanks for all your help.

Joe

--
bumble78
bumble78's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36373
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=563035

lk

If then color of cell

Use Conditional Formatting.

"bumble78" wrote:

Hi, I am fairly new to both excelling, but have been lurking here for a
while. I have used the search to find some good info about how to do
some if/then functions and the checkmark application. My next issue is
I would like the colors of the cells to change color if they have a
checkmark in them, like green in one collum and red in the next. Is
this posible and if so how?

Thanks for all your help.

Joe

--
bumble78
bumble78's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36373
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=563035

bumble78

If then color of cell

I used the checkmark trick, how would I make the conditional formating
work for any value? Thanks for the help, I had never heard of
conditional formating before, it is a fun toy.:)

Joe

--
bumble78
bumble78's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36373
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=563035

Marcelo

If then color of cell

hi,

format | conditional format | change to the formula is

eg
=if(a115)

choose the format and click OK

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"bumble78" escreveu:

I used the checkmark trick, how would I make the conditional formating
work for any value? Thanks for the help, I had never heard of
conditional formating before, it is a fun toy.:)

Joe

--
bumble78
bumble78's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36373