-   -   Round Problems (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/100182-round-problems.html)

Angela

Round Problems

We are working on our catalog price sheet. We have figures as follows:

$152.50 $161.75 $158.00
$157.00

I want the numbers to round up or down to the closest $5.00.

$152.50 = $155.00
$161.75 = $160.00
$158.00 = $160.00
$157.00 = $155.00

Is this possible? I have tried using the round, ceiling, floor feature.
Either it doesn't go both ways or I am not getting the write amount.

Thank you for your time.

Angela

Duke Carey

Round Problems

maybe:

=ROUND(x/5,0)*5

"Angela" wrote:

We are working on our catalog price sheet. We have figures as follows:

$152.50 $161.75 $158.00
$157.00

I want the numbers to round up or down to the closest $5.00.

$152.50 = $155.00
$161.75 = $160.00
$158.00 = $160.00
$157.00 = $155.00

Is this possible? I have tried using the round, ceiling, floor feature.
Either it doesn't go both ways or I am not getting the write amount.

Thank you for your time.

Angela

CLR

Round Problems