-   -   Cannot autosum after import (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/100160-cannot-autosum-after-import.html)

DavidB

Cannot autosum after import

Hi guys

I'm importing numbers from a custom application into excel, after the import
I cannot autosum, but if i manually remove the number and re-type it works
fine.

Any ideas?

tim m

Cannot autosum after import

Is the data text being imported as text?

"DavidB" wrote:

Hi guys

I'm importing numbers from a custom application into excel, after the import
I cannot autosum, but if i manually remove the number and re-type it works
fine.

Any ideas?

DavidB

Cannot autosum after import

The cells seem to be formatted as text after the import

Is the data text being imported as text?

Gord Dibben

Cannot autosum after import

Numbers came in as text.

Format all cells as General.

Copy an empty cell.

Select the data range and Paste SpecialAddOKEsc

Now try the autosum.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP