-   -   match in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/100148-match-excel.html)

Bart

match in excel

How can I match 2 columns ?

a1 b1 a2 b2
c 2 d2
001 un801 lala un801
002 un802 kaka un802

My question is how can I match culomn b1 with b2, so that the information in
column a1 is copied to c2 or d2?

Thanks

Otto Moehrbach

match in excel

Bart
Try that again. What constitutes "match"? What condition precipitates
the copying of data? What conditions or situations result in the
differentiation between Column C & D? HTH Otto
"Bart" wrote in message
How can I match 2 columns ?

a1 b1 a2
b2
c 2 d2
001 un801 lala
un801
002 un802 kaka
un802

My question is how can I match culomn b1 with b2, so that the information
in
column a1 is copied to c2 or d2?

Thanks

Bart

match in excel

I already got the answer by the use of the formula VLOOKUP.

Sorry for the poor formulation of my question.