-   -   Need Formula HELP (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/100146-need-formula-help.html)

Sandi

Need Formula HELP

I have an Excel spreadsheet that has one column full of positive numbers and
negative numbers. I need a formula that will add up all the positive numbers
in one cell and all the negative numbers in another. I can do this by
selecting each cell one-by-one, but is there a faster way? It's a lot of
numbers to select one-by-one, that's why I am asking. THANKS :-)
--
Sandi Gardner

Danny Lewis

Need Formula HELP

In the column next to it, (say the first value is in A3), so in B3, put
=if(A30,"x","y").

Run this formula to the bottom.

Then in a separate cell, write =sumif(B:B,"x",A:A)

That should work ok

Danny

"Sandi" wrote:

I have an Excel spreadsheet that has one column full of positive numbers and
negative numbers. I need a formula that will add up all the positive numbers
in one cell and all the negative numbers in another. I can do this by
selecting each cell one-by-one, but is there a faster way? It's a lot of
numbers to select one-by-one, that's why I am asking. THANKS :-)
--
Sandi Gardner

Danny Lewis

Need Formula HELP

Sorry and repeat the formula elsewhere for negative ie =SUMIF(B:B,"y",A:A)

"Sandi" wrote:

I have an Excel spreadsheet that has one column full of positive numbers and
negative numbers. I need a formula that will add up all the positive numbers
in one cell and all the negative numbers in another. I can do this by
selecting each cell one-by-one, but is there a faster way? It's a lot of
numbers to select one-by-one, that's why I am asking. THANKS :-)
--
Sandi Gardner

Arvi Laanemets

Need Formula HELP

Hi

=SUMIF(A:A,"0",A:A)
=SUMIF(A:A,"<0",A:A)

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )

"Sandi" wrote in message
I have an Excel spreadsheet that has one column full of positive numbers
and
negative numbers. I need a formula that will add up all the positive
numbers
in one cell and all the negative numbers in another. I can do this by
selecting each cell one-by-one, but is there a faster way? It's a lot of
numbers to select one-by-one, that's why I am asking. THANKS :-)
--
Sandi Gardner

Danny Lewis

Need Formula HELP

*steps back, sheepishly*

yes that's a little more simple....

"Arvi Laanemets" wrote:

Hi

=SUMIF(A:A,"0",A:A)
=SUMIF(A:A,"<0",A:A)

--

"Sandi" wrote in message
I have an Excel spreadsheet that has one column full of positive numbers
and
negative numbers. I need a formula that will add up all the positive
numbers
in one cell and all the negative numbers in another. I can do this by
selecting each cell one-by-one, but is there a faster way? It's a lot of
numbers to select one-by-one, that's why I am asking. THANKS :-)
--
Sandi Gardner

Sandi

Need Formula HELP

SUPER - worked like a charm!!!! Thanks so much!!!!!
--
Sandi Gardner