-   -   PIVOT LEARNER - Field Entry (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/100076-pivot-learner-field-entry.html)

billy_bags

PIVOT LEARNER - Field Entry

My "problem" seems trivial compared to some - almost embarrassed to ask
I want "sum Of" to be the default for a particular pivot table. Is there a
way to do this? I don't want to click and change every field - takes too long

TIA

Dave Peterson

PIVOT LEARNER - Field Entry

As long as all the date in that field is numeric (no blanks, no text), then
you'll see "sum of".

But as soon as you have empty cells or text, then you'll see "count of".

You can't change excel's behavior, but you can use a macro to change the
operation.

Debra Dalgleish has an addin that offers this plus a lot more stuff:
http://www.contextures.com/xlPivotAddIn02.html
and
http://www.contextures.com/xlPivotAddIn.html

--