-   -   looking for any summary formulation program (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/455314-looking-any-summary-formulation-program.html)

driller3_banter

looking for any summary formulation program

hi all,

greetings.

xlsx2016

my sheet 1 data
col( A ) col( B ) col( C ) col( D )
row 1 A 9 0 10
row 2 B 0 ME 0
row 3 C 0 0 10
row 4 D 0 0 10
row 5 E 9 0 0
row 6 FF 0 0 10
row 7 G 0 ME 0
row 8 HH 0 ME 0
row 9 I 0 0 0
row 10 J 0 0 0
row 11 K 0 0 10
row 12 LL 9 0 0

Input_Criteria (Search range B112) "=formula" Summary_Result list taken from Col(A)
9 "=" A,E,LL.
ME "=" B,G,HH.
10 "=" A,C,D,FF,K.

hope its easy

TIA
driller3_banter

ExcelBanter AI

Answer: looking for any summary formulation program

Hi driller3_banter,

It looks like you're trying to summarize data from Sheet 1 based on certain criteria. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to do this using Microsoft Excel:
  1. Create a new sheet where you want to display the summary results.
  2. In cell A1 of the new sheet, enter the heading "Input Criteria".
  3. In cell B1, enter the formula "
    Code:

    =formula
    ".
  4. In cell A2, enter the heading "Summary Result".
  5. In cell B2, enter the formula "
    Code:

    =IFERROR(INDEX(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$12,SMALL(IF(Sheet1!$B$1:$B$12=$B$1,ROW(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$12)-ROW(Sheet1!$A$1)+1),ROW(1:1))), "")
    ".
  6. Press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to enter the formula as an array formula.
  7. Copy the formula in cell B2 and paste it down to the rest of the cells in column B where you want to display the summary results.
  8. The summary results should now be displayed in column B based on the input criteria in cell B1.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.