-   -   Multi-column listbox help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/455046-multi-column-listbox-help.html)

Tatsujin

Multi-column listbox help

How can I add items to a multi-column listbox and change the title names of each column without using references to cells or ranges on the spreadsheet?

Thanks!

Peter T[_8_]

Multi-column listbox help

"Tatsujin" wrote in message
How can I add items to a multi-column listbox and change the title names
of each column without using references to cells or ranges on the
spreadsheet?

The short answer is you can't.

Workarounds include using labels or a second listbox above the main listbox
for the headers, though if many columns horizontal scrolling is difficult.

If only using 32bit Excel you could use the mscomctl listview, though even
in x32 there can be reference problems when distributing.

There's also a commercial alternative that works in both 32bit and 64bit.

BTW did you see the answer I suggested for your listbox post last week...?

Peter T

Tatsujin

Multi-column listbox help

On Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 10:37:53 AM UTC-7, Peter T wrote:
The short answer is you can't.

Workarounds include using labels or a second listbox above the main listbox
for the headers, though if many columns horizontal scrolling is difficult.

If only using 32bit Excel you could use the mscomctl listview, though even
in x32 there can be reference problems when distributing.

There's also a commercial alternative that works in both 32bit and 64bit.

BTW did you see the answer I suggested for your listbox post last week...?

Oh, good idea about using labels above the columns. That might work.

And BTW, yes I did see your answer last week about the listbox. I had trouble getting the code to run at first, as it had runtime errors, but making a few adjustments it works nice. Thank you very much!