Old October 9th 20, 06:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default X Y Scatter Excel Graph X Axis Customization

On Friday, 9 October, 2020 at 2:20:50 am UTC+5:30, Peter T wrote:
"Peter T" wrote in message
... Another way would be to start with a dummy Line series with all zero Y
values (assuming the x-axis cross the Y at 0) with the x-category values
your text cells, then add further Series as Scatter types

To do that add the first ...

Easier than I suggested last time -
- Add a row of zeros just below the 'hook' labels.
- Select all the data including the 'hook' and 'load' labels
- Create a Line style chart with markers
- Change the chart type Combo
- Leave the first dummy series as Line type
- Change the other 'load' series to Scatter type

This time no secondary axes were created, for me

Format the dummy Series Line to not be visible

Quick and easy, except it could have been simply a Line chart!

PT

Thanks Peter, for your perfact workaround. It worked as Combo Custom Combination with one series line keeping zero values.
Appriciate your valuable guidance.
Cheers!!

Old October 9th 20, 08:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Peter T" wrote in message
[...]

I'm glad that worked and thanks for the feedback. Just one question though -
what effectively is the difference for your purposes between this workaround
and simply as a Line chart..?

Peter T

Old October 10th 20, 07:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Peter T" wrote in message
[...]

We were having the same graph as horizontle bars erlier as part of our analysis and reports where may excel graphs are as a part of our reports...
It's wasa part of report where our end user wanted to have the bars in Scatter Plot with different markers.
I didn't asked back for the reason to change (I couldn't think any perticular reson but the presentation purpose).. May be I should.

Old October 10th 20, 04:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Max" wrote in message
I'm glad that worked and thanks for the feedback. Just one question
though -
what effectively is the difference for your purposes between this
workaround
and simply as a Line chart..?

Peter T

We were having the same graph as horizontle bars erlier as part of our
analysis and reports where may excel graphs are as a part of our
reports...
It's wasa part of report where our end user wanted to have the bars in
Scatter Plot with different markers.
I didn't asked back for the reason to change (I couldn't think any
perticular reson but the presentation purpose).. May be I should.

If it's only for the markers, and maybe not visible lines, the Line type can
be formatted to appear visually same as a default scatter (for this data
with only Y values), and easier to 'combine' Bars with Lines

PT

Old October 14th 20, 08:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Saturday, 10 October, 2020 at 9:01:05 pm UTC+5:30, Peter T wrote:
"Max" wrote in message
[...]

Ohhh thats added learning ... Peter...
Thanks for the same Idea and sharing the knowledge regarding the linechart can same as a scatter.
Sorry for the late reply as was not well couple of days...
Many Thanks...
Best Regards,
Max