Old February 27th 20, 08:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Programmatic alternative to SendKeys

On Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 1:28:28 PM UTC-6, GS wrote:
On Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 12:44:02 PM UTC-6, GS wrote:
Because I may need to turn on or off the data feed when I'm not around to
click it manually, which happens quite often. As an example, if the market
generating the numbers closes at a given hour, the feed must be turned off
just prior to the close, or else the numbers received after the close are
meaningless.

Ok, so how are you managing this when not at the computer?

--
Garry

With a simple Sendkeys macro (I have shown it in my original post). It works
sometimes, sometimes not. That's the reason I thought there may be a
"deeper" programmatic way to do it.

Thanks again.

You've only shown lines of code from your macro, not the entire macro code!

You can replace the SendKeys lines with code to call the individual Ribbon
controls that fire those events (start,pause,stop) if they are individual
menuitems. See here...

http://www.rondebruin.nl/win/section2.htm

--
Garry

Thanks Garry. That's the whole macro. I schedule it to activate at certain hours of the day to turn the data stream on and off. Since it's really a toggle between "start" and "pause", that's all I need.

Old February 27th 20, 08:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

[...]

I see!
Just so you know, all the RealTick videos I watched on YouTube show a window
with a title; - that suggests there's more to what you are doing with it than
you are letting be known here! What creates the Ribbon menus?

Also, my research finds that RealTick has been replaced with EZE EMS.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
Old February 27th 20, 09:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 2:40:41 PM UTC-6, GS wrote:
[...]

Indeed Garry, thanks for getting into it. RealTick is mostly used from the page you saw on YouTube, the real-time data ia fed into that page.

However, upon installation there's an option which works with Excel, it is in fact one of the very few programs that do this, I've been using it for years. The data is called from formulas entered into Excel, and updates in real-time as well. The numbers are then manipulated by the user (myself) within Excel. I like it because it allows me to do my own analysis and not depend on some "canned" program. As I mentioned, it sits on the ribbon as "Realtick ©".

My version of the program is RealTick EMS 11.2, I believe it provides (upon installation, of course) the most recent version of RealTick for Excel.

Thanks again for always taking time to help me out. If I may say so, you're one hell of a teacher.
Old February 27th 20, 11:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Indeed Garry, thanks for getting into it. RealTick is mostly used from the
page you saw on YouTube, the real-time data ia fed into that page.

However, upon installation there's an option which works with Excel, it is
in fact one of the very few programs that do this, I've been using it for
years. The data is called from formulas entered into Excel, and updates in
real-time as well. The numbers are then manipulated by the user (myself)
within Excel. I like it because it allows me to do my own analysis and not
depend on some "canned" program. As I mentioned, it sits on the ribbon as
"Realtick ".

My version of the program is RealTick EMS 11.2, I believe it provides (upon
installation, of course) the most recent version of RealTick for Excel.

Ok, so that suggests it includes an Addin or a COMAddin that puts its own tab
on the Excel Ribbon, OR adds its own menu to an existing RibbOn tab; - which is
it?

If it is an Addin then it uses a .XLAM workbook to add the menus, and contains
associated macros. If so, can you provide a download link to that workbook?

Old February 28th 20, 04:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 5:03:19 PM UTC-6, GS wrote:
[...]

The user does nothing. The installation proecedure for RealTick does it. Once Excel is started after installation, the "ReaTick ©" button appears in the rightmost spot of the ribbon.

Thanks Garry.

Old February 28th 20, 05:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

[...]

This indicates that it's an addin so what I'm asking is for you to check if
it's a workbook.xlam or a COMAddin via the Developer tab. Please & thank you!

Old February 28th 20, 06:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Friday, February 28, 2020 at 11:12:33 AM UTC-6, GS wrote:
[...]

Under Excel Add-ins, 2 lines:

Name: RealTickForExcelIUI
Location: c:\RealTick\Excel\adxloader.dll

Name: RealTickRTD.dataserver
Location: c:\RealTick\RealTickRtd.dll

Unfortunately I don't know how to find "workbook.xlam" or "COMAddin".

Many thanks.
Old February 28th 20, 06:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

[...]

Ok thanks! This suggests a COMAddin or VSTO addin since it's a DLL so I'll look
into trying to access the menuitems directly w/VBA. You say it's a dropdown
menu? Please describe what happens when you click it...

Old February 28th 20, 07:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Friday, February 28, 2020 at 12:07:56 PM UTC-6, GS wrote:
[...]

Dropdown menu has 6 sections, each with several sub-sections listed below:

1. Control

a. Pause: Start/Pause Streaming Data | RealTickForExcelIUI

b. Refresh: Refresh Data | RealTickForExcelIUI

2. Data

a. Market: Invoke Market Data Setup | RealTickForExcelIUI

b. Historic: Invoke Historic Data Setup | RealTickForExcelIUI

3. Insert symbols

a. Load Symbols | RealTickForExcelIUI

b. Search Symbols | RealTickForExcelIUI

4. Insert Fields

a. Load Fields | RealTickForExcelIUI

b. Search Fields | RealTickForExcelIUI

5. Trading

a. Create Order Grid | RealTickForExcelIUI

b. Create Positions Grid | RealTickForExcelIUI

c. Create Account Balance Grid | RealTickForExcelIUI

6. Service Center

a. Select to customize Excel settings | RealTickForExcelIUI

b. Resolve path name for RealTick macros | RealTickForExcelIUI

c. Download templates RealTickForExcelIUI

d. Connect to Updates & Download Central | RealTickForExcelIUI

e. Connect to Help Desk | RealTickForExcelIUI

f. About RealTick for Microsoft Excel | RealTickForExcelIUI

Old February 28th 20, 09:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

[...]

Does 6e offer anything helpful?
Does RealTick.exe have a userguide (CHM) in its folder?

I applied for the trial to see for myself how your addin works. Perhaps their
enthusiasm to bring me onboard will be in our favor!