-   -   ThisWorkbook.Save is suddenly slow (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/454177-thisworkbook-save-suddenly-slow.html)

Tatsujin

ThisWorkbook.Save is suddenly slow

We have a workbook that calls "ThisWorkbook.Save" when data is entered
into a specific text box on a userform. There were no problems with
this since 2010 when the workbook was first created. However, the
auto save is suddenly slow for some unknown reason. We now see a
popup box that says "Saving" and it takes about 5 seconds to disappear.

Does anyone know why this happening? The workbook has been solid for
many years and no code was ever modified. I assumed that maybe our
network or OS was busy with hidden background tasks, and that it would
eventually disappear, but no luck.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Got any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks!

Robert C.