-   -   Removing Words from Cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/454155-removing-words-cell.html)

James[_48_]

Removing Words from Cell

Hello - I have been able to successfully remove words (shown in column B) from a cell (in column A) using the below formula.

So for example, if Cell A2 Contains "Action Toy Figure" and Cell B2 contains "Toy", then the formula =SUBSTITUTE(A2,B2,"") would produce the desired result of "Action Figure"

However, the problem I am encountering is that the case (i.e., Proper, Lower, or sometimes a unique Upper case letter in the middle of the words that I am trying to remove) prevents the formula from actually finding the words in the cell.

Is there possibly another way (or improvement to this formula) that would allow me to simply remove text from a cell, regardless of the case of the text in either cell.

=SUBSTITUTE(A2,B2,"")

Thanks for any suggestions.

Claus Busch

Removing Words from Cell

Hi James,

Am Thu, 30 Aug 2018 13:04:02 -0700 (PDT) schrieb James:

So for example, if Cell A2 Contains "Action Toy Figure" and Cell B2 contains "Toy", then the formula =SUBSTITUTE(A2,B2,"") would produce the desired result of "Action Figure"

However, the problem I am encountering is that the case (i.e., Proper, Lower, or sometimes a unique Upper case letter in the middle of the words that I am trying to remove) prevents the formula from actually finding the words in the cell.

try:
=SUBSTITUTE(PROPER(A2),PROPER(B2),)

Regards
Claus B.